Terms & Conditions for the usage of the Simon's Cat website
The term 'Simon's Cat Ltd' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 26 Cross Street, Islington, London, UK, N1 2BG. Our company registration number is 6761921. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to remove, at any time and without notice, any content from the website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Simon's Cat Ltd's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- To create an account on this website, you must be at least 13 years old.
- Minors aged 13 years and older must seek the permission of their legal guardian before creating an account on this website.
- We will disable the account of anyone suspected or proven to be under the age of 13, and delete any details they may have provided to us
Code of ConductAll users of the Simon's Cat website are expected to abide by the following Code of Conduct. If we find users to be acting contrary to this Code, we will without warning, take measures we see appropriate to protect other users of the site. These measures may include the deletion of a user's uploaded content, the disabling of access to content on our site and the suspension or disabling of a user's account.
All user's are expected to:
- Respect the intellectual property of others. Users must not share content that does not belong to them. You must be the owner, beyond doubt, of any material you upload to the Simon's Cat website.
- Protect their account and password. Users are responsible for protecting their account from access by others. It is strongly recommended that users choose hard to guess passwords that are unique from those they may have used on other sites. Users must ensure that they have taken reasonable precautions to stop their details being stolen, including logging out of the site after sessions on a public computer, using anti-virus software, and using a secure network connection. Simon's Cat staff will never contact users to ask for their passwords or account details.
- Avoid impersonation of another person or party. Users must not pass themselves off as another and must not mislead other users as to their identity. We do not allow the parody of another, even if you view it to be extremely obvious. We especially take seriously the impersonation of Simon's Cat staff, and will suspend any account guilty of this.
- Avoid using inappropriate language. Users must not write anything that could cause offense to others. Examples of inappropriate language include vulgar terminology, swear words, vulgar ascii art, sexual, racial and religious slurs. Users must also avoid aggressive, threatening, harrassing, upsetting and disturbing language. Substituting other characters to disguise offensive language is not allowed at any time.
- Avoid posting libellous material. Users must not insult or libel any person or party. User should avoid questioning the integrity of others, and must not make statements that could be damaging to the reputation of others.
- Avoid posting offensive material. Users must not post material that could cause offense to other users. Examples of offensive material include pornographic, graphic, disturbing or upsetting imagery.
- Avoid illegal activity. Users must not communicate or participate in anything that violates or incites others to violate the law. Examples include requesting or providing the means to access illegal copies of copyrighted work, plagiarism, the discussion of illegal activites and the discussion of methods to circumvent protections of the law.
- Avoid advertising. Users must not use the site to promote services or products. Examples of advertising include product placement within uploaded photos and product or service promotion via postings, web addresses or links. User may include personal website details within their profile page. Users must not profit directly or indirectly from shared sites or links.
- Avoid disruptive behaviour Users must not engage in activity that causes disruption to the intended performance of the site. Examples include flooding the site with repeated postings or comments, creating nonsensical posts, creating accounts for the purposes of disrupting the site, repetitive posting, misleading posting, disruptive ascii art and the use of intentionally obscure text characters. Users must not tamper with the security measures of the site nor add to or alter the site's source code.
- You retain ownership of all material provided to us, but grant us a license to use the material as expanded upon below.
- By uploading material to our website, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive license to reproduce and distribute that material plus derivative works, for purposes connected with the business of Simon's Cat Ltd., including the promotion of our business and services.
- Our license to use your material shall cease when either you delete your content from our website, or request the deletion of the content by us, having given us reasonable time to do so.
Last updated: 11th May 2011.